6/24/2020 Feast of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist. — We’re almost there!
Beginning this Saturday June 13 from 2-3 PM, Confessions will be heard in the upper church. All must wear a mask and follow distancing guidelines. One of the confessionals on the right, as you enter the church, will be used for this purpose.
Families who had Baptisms canceled because of the church closings will soon be contacted regarding rescheduling.
Bishop DiMarzio, in conjunction with Federal and State authorities, as well as our neighboring Bishop Dolan of the Archdiocese of New York, has granted permission to open our churches for a few hours a day for private prayer.
Today at Mass on YouTube, our Pastor, Fr. Bill Murphy, CP, announced that beginning this Tuesday, 5/26, our Immaculate Conception Church will be open from 9 AM until 1 PM for this purpose.
The Bishop stressed that it is very important that this be done safely, and so he has listed specific guidelines to be followed:
- Anyone who has any symptoms (fever above 100o , etc.) must not come into the church.
- All who enter the church must wear a mask.
- The number of people allowed to enter at one time will be strictly limited.
- There will be no sitting or standing together in groups, with the obvious exception of families or members of the same household, nor any group prayer.
- Parishioners are asked not to touch anything like statues, crucifixes, and the like.
If all goes well, it is hoped that this will be a first step in the gradual (3-phase) reopening of our churches for all normal functions.